Tuesday 11 February 2014

The biggest enemy of an EDUCATED MIND

The biggest enemy of an educated mind is a mind prejudiced by caste, creed and gender. Keeping this in mind, I will share with you some instances that depict how education has changed our mindsets and brought about integrity.

While boarding the bus at my school , it usually makes me happy to notice that the girls are made to board the bus first, while the boys patiently wait behind. 
Looking through some class lists, you'll  find that there are equal no. of boys and girls studying in the classes and sometimes, the girls are outnumbering the boys!

If you enter my class during the lunch break, you’ll find me enjoying idli and dosa from my South Indian friend Meera’s lunch box ,while she is engaged in savoring my mother’s Rajma chawal and chole puri. In every class, we have children from different parts of the country, studying together for 7 hours a day, realizing how similar they are despite their differences. 

In the school where I studied when I was 12 years old, I used to play volleyball with a girl named Mariam, who was from Iran. She had to cover her body and head completely when in public places.but found it difficult to do so with our uniform. The school had a special uniform tailored only for her with long sleeves and long legs! 


We have so many teams at school for different sports. Children are selected only by their merit and not by their caste or creed. This way, they learn to work as a team, a team full of different children moving towards a similar goal, basket or score.





                                                                                                                                                     - Arushi Sharma

              
                             

                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment